The iConserve Pennsylvania activity focuses on identifying the opportunities for participants to become involved in conservation and community projects.
It provides the opportunity to describe the types of actions that help communities and to describe the process of becoming involved. The activity focuses on the website developed by the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources: www.iConservePA.org.
- What is the definition of the word “conservation” and what does it entail?
- What do people look like when they are practicing conservation, stewardship and citizenship?
- What type of partnerships, tools and skills are needed to conduct conservation projects?
- Develop a T chart on a flip chart.
- Assemble the objects that symbolize various conservation actions.
- Cloth shopping bag
- Faucet aerator
- Bus pass
- Bluebird box
- Borough map or website
- Compact fluorescent bulb
- Recyclable can or bottle
- Voter registration card, paper and pen
- Copy and distribute the Object to Action cards.
- Provide access to the internet to demonstrate the iConservePA website.
- Copy and distribute the Community Network Worksheet.