Pennsylvania has a history of conservation heroes. From Gifford Pinchot to Dr. Joseph Rothrock to Rachel Carson, Pennsylvanian’s have dedicated their lives to protecting natural resources.
This activity focuses on current heroes of land protection and conservation highlighted in the publications produced by the Pennsylvania Land Trust Association. By connecting to personal stories, the activity hopes to inspire and motivate others based on the dedication of these land conservation heroes. The activity also includes identifying actions among the participants.
- What stories support the importance of land conservation?
- What were some of the reasons that people save land?
- Who is impacted by their actions?
- Who is practicing conservation in your community?
- Copy, cut and distribute copies of Conservation Heroes from the book In Their Own Words by the Pennsylvania Land Trust Association.
- Copy and distribute the Trading Cards worksheets to pairs of participants.