Action: Stewardship and Service Learning
Service to the community is very important. Students learn the value of service by imitating adults involved in their community.
There are a multitude of projects that can help improve the community. Motivating people to action is a very important part of PA Land Choices. This activity helps define some of the projects and helps organize initiatives in your community.
- What are the advantages of stewardship projects and service-learning?
- What is the difference between service-learning and volunteering?
- What are examples of action projects?
- How does an individual organize a project to be successful and valuable?
- Divide participants into groups and discuss group activities.
- Prepare the Community Services Project Worksheet for each group.
- Prepare Stewardship Service and Learning Project Cards for distribution, one per group.